The HostU.com Usage Policy has been developed with the following objectives:
- Ensure security, reliability and privacy of HostU.com’ systems and network, and the networks and systems of others
- Maintain the image and reputation of HostU.com as a responsible provider.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression.
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources and discourage practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the value of Internet services.
- Avoid situations that may cause HostU.com to incur civil liability.
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users.
We expect our Customers to use the Internet with courtesy and responsibility and to be familiar with and to practice good Internet etiquette. By adhering to the following policies, our Customers are protecting the rights and privileges of all Internet users.
Violation of any of the following policies is strictly prohibited and will result in:
- Immediate termination of all accounts
- Immediate suspension of websites
- Notification of suspected of illegal activities to the relevant authorities e.g. the Police and / or the Internet Watch Foundation
- Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of HostU.com’ services, any material that is in HostU.com’s sole discretion, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, statute or regulation.
- HostU.com’ services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution,or storage of any information, data or material in violation of British regulation or law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute. HostU.com reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
- Customers may not engage in tortuous conduct including, but not limited to, posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or making physical threats against another person via email, news, or any other electronic media/service we provide.
- 4. The Customer is responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date billing information. Furnishing false data on the signup form, contract, or online application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
System and Network Usage Security
- Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (“cracking”). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks.
- Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network (“denial of service attacks”). This includes, but is not limited to; “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user’s terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Customers must safeguard their account passwords to prevent unauthorized access to their account.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. HostU.com will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- HostU.com Reserve the right to access servers/accounts within their network if they believe the terms and conditions of use are not being followed.
- Bit Torrent software and P2P protocol software is not permitted on our network. Servers continuously running a risk of supporting these types of services will be disabled and cancelled from our network.
HostU.com Server Access Regulations Email
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, is prohibited.
- Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the Customer must not send that person any further email.
- Customers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages (“junk mail” or “spam”). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to “mail bombing” (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email) and “trolling” (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses) is prohibited.
- Forging of header or any other information is not permitted.
- Subscribing someone else to a mail list or removing someone else from a mail list without that person’s permission is prohibited.
- HostU.com accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Usage Policy or the usage policy of that other provider.
- These rules apply to other types of Internet-based distribution mediums as well. USENET postings have their own regulations; see below.
- HostU.com is not responsible for the content of any USENET posting, whether or not the posting was made by a HostU.com Customer.
- Postings to USENET newsgroups must comply with the written charters or FAQs for those newsgroups. Advertisements should only be posted in those newsgroups whose charters/FAQs explicitly permit them. The poster is responsible for determining the etiquette of a given newsgroup, prior to posting to it.
- Customers are prohibited from posting the same or similar message to large numbers of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as “USENET spam”).
- Customers are prohibited from posting binary files to newsgroups not specifically named for that purpose.
- Customers are prohibited from cancelling or superseding posts other than their own, with the exception of official newsgroup moderators performing their duties.
- Customers are prohibited from forging header information. This includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for posting to a moderated newsgroup.
- A customer may not solicit mail for any other address, other than that of the Customer’s HostU.com account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies after HostU.com’ service has been terminated.
IRC [Internet Relay Chat]
- HostU.com is not liable for the content of any communications made on IRC.
- IRC robots (“bots” or “clones”) or IRC sessions may not be run from HostU.com’ server accounts.
- Customers may not attempt to impersonate others or use IRC anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
- Customers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that interfere with or deny service to other users on any server or host. Customers are also prohibited from engaging in activities which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” (rapidly entering text with the intent to fill the screens of others),”flashing” (disrupting terminal emulation), “takeovers” (forcibly seizing operator privileges), attempting to send private messages to those who do not wish to see them (via “ignore”), attempting to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other disruptive behaviors.
- Customers may not permit the use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto responders other than for the Customer’s own account.
- Customers may not employ posts or programs that consume excessive CPU time or storage space. HostU.com reserves the right to kill off CPU intensive process.
- Customers may not use shared hosting services for back-ups, providing free hosting services or running proxies.
Material and Product Requirements
- Customers must ensure that all material and data placed on HostU.com’ equipment is in a condition that is “server-ready,” which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on HostU.com’ part. We shall make no effort to validate this information for content, correctness or usability. In the event that the Customer’s material is not “server-ready”, we have the option at any time to reject this material.HostU.com will notify the Customer immediately of its refusal of the material and afford the Customer the opportunity to amend or modify the material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of HostU.com.
- Use of HostU.com’ service requires a certain level of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use and desired content of the Customer’s Web space. Customers must have the necessary knowledge to create and maintain a Web space. It is not the responsibility of HostU.com to provide this knowledge or customer support outside of the service defined in the Service Agreement.
- We do not allow scripts that require more than 8Mb of memory space, more than 30 CPU seconds, or use more than 5% of all available shared system resources at any time.
- We do not allow running stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the shared servers. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD, Any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network./li>
- We do not allow IRC, egg drop bots or anything of the sort on our network. IRC servers are subject to DOS Attacks The ports necessary to make IRC work are filtered. If you are caught running an IRC server inside our network your account will be terminated. This is a pretty common practice in the hosting market today.
- We do not allow following scripts with known security issue. UltimateBBS (all versions),Ikonboard (all versions),IRC Egg Drops, Proxy Servers, nph-proxy, The Anonymizer, any soap mailers, CGI-telnet or script that opens a shell session with the server.
The Usage Policy defines the actions which HostU.com. Considers to be abusive, and thus, strictly prohibited. The examples set forth in this policy are non-exclusive, and are provided solely for guidance to customers.
If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or activity is prohibited, please use our online forms and we will assist you. Please note that the activities set forth above are also not permitted from other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise, any service hosted by HostU.com, or connected via our network. Furthermore, such services may not be advertised via deceptive marketing policies.
HostU.com must further limit any exceptions made to the Usage Policy as secondary in regards to server and networks security, performance and integrity. Any user, regardless of exception status, may have his or her service disabled if it is interfering with our servers or network.
You may not publish, store or transmit through HostU.com services, any content that HostU.com reasonably believes or can prove:
Promotes or encourages the defeat, breach or modification of copyright protection schemes. This includes but is not limited to “cracks” and “warez”. Breaches or infringes on another person’s trademark, patent or property right. This includes the storage and publication of written media, audio works and video of which you do not own copyright. This also includes websites whose purpose is to link to content held on third party sites.
Serves as a distribution point or source of information for copyright infringement. This includes, but is not limited to, torrent sites, torrent forums, illegal, brand damaging etc.
Material purposefully set out to be malicious, fraudulent, or otherwise any content that may invoke retaliation against HostU.com by offended parties.
Material considered unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including but not limited to: chain letters, “pyramid schemes”, “ponzi schemes”, “matrix schemes”, etc.
Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to the client or to HostU.com
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the HostU.com network, please send your notice of copyright infringement to our Abuse team, using the contact form found on our website.
Your notice must include the following, or it shall be ignored:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit HostU.com to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit HostU.com to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owners agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that it is illegal to file an invalid or fraudulent DMCA notice.
HostU.com will cooperate with all law enforcement requests and court orders.
Inquiries regarding this policy and complaints of violations should be directed to our Abuse team, via the contact form on our website. You may also report abuse through abuse@HostU.com.
Files detected through the service relating to potential child exploitation will be reported to the appropriate authorities such as the National Centre for Missing & Exploited Children’s CyberTipline in a timely manner.